Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Wat Up?

yesterday i had a meeting at my desk to discuss some new documentation and somehow the conversation got switched to my boss...what kind of manager he is, situations that have happened over recent months, just basic stuff. anyway, i mentioned an instance of his interaction with me where i thought he was 'testing' me, sort of. so, i'm telling this story and i realize that it all took place on the day that i went to work with my shirt on inside out. yes, i did. i went to work with my shirt on inside out! that happened to be the morning that my monitor quit and i needed my boss' assistance to replace it. it wasn't until half an hour later that some girl, who i don't know (nor do i know if i would even recognize her due to my own embarrassed fumbling upon receiving the information) popped her head in and said, "Ummm, sweetie, your shirt is on inside out." i'm sure now, when my projects come up, she'll be like "oh, you mean the girl who wore her shirt..."
[mental note: make sure i don't walk out the front door looking like i got dressed in the dark.]
regardless, the "shirt on wrong" was a better story than that of the "he's testing me".

the girl has been listening to a lot of old school rap. she especially likes 'criss cross' JUMP! JUMP! i swear i heard her rapping some song that i don't even know. and she has become obsessed with saying the word 'booty' while shaking said body part. whether the new music and the new vocabulary are related, i don't know. i will tell you that it is a welcome change to 'the cheetah girls'. ...amigas, cheetahs...the rhythm and each other, that's what keeps us tight...

my inlaws closed on a new house yesterday, about two blocks from us. i think its safe to say that this comes with a unique set of pros and cons...
a 'funny' that i heard concerning the close, though, and i'm not entirely sure how to tell the story so i may just have to get straight to the point -- you know how at closing you have to sign the page that says, 'these are all possible forms of my name that i may use at any time concerning financial stuff'. well, my MIL happens to share the same first name as my FIL's second wife (long story that i will never tell) and so after marrying the same man, the only difference in their name would be their middle name. well, you can probably see where this is going...
yes, you guessed it, the ex-wife's name was there as an option! my FIL said he "thought the entire room was going to erupt". needless to say, MIL not happy about that little error.
when i heard, i LMAO!!!

working a little bit different schedule this week, so i hope to be all finished with my work responsibilities by tomorrow afternoon. and by that i mean 'i hope to be at the pool for the rest of the week'. so, i'll try to get some good pics of the girl swimming.
watch for it.

that's all. that's wat'up here.
peace out...

;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did she really get mad over he mistake? Have fun at the pool!
M

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the

9:25 AM  
Blogger Kellyology said...

Shirt...Oh no you didn't!lol

MIL...Bwahahahaha...but why did she get so pissed?

I'm staying away from the pool today...but maybe tomorrow. Call me if you go.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home