Monday, June 11, 2007

love Confetti...

all over my house...really. love confetti. little tiny hearts. everywhere.
i told E, 'i thought it would be at least a week...'
she got them yesterday.
today i come home to this...
they were in her bed, her laundry basket, all on top of the furniture...every. where.
and when she sat in her floor and then walked out of her room she left a trail of little silver hearts everywhere she went.
i asked her if she 'sprinkled' them around her room.
she said no.
me-are you sure?
her-no, i didn't sprinkle them.
me-then how did they get all spread out?
her-i don't know.
me-if you don't know then who does?
her-i don't know.
me-you can tell me, it will only make me angry if you don't tell me and pretend you don't know.
her-i was...(pause) i was just throwing them up in the air and making it pretty. just making them pretty. i just thought it would be fun.
me-oh, that explains it.
[2 beats-while she waits for the verdict]
her-whew, i'm just glad you're not angry.
then she spent the next two hours making a slight dent in picking them up.

After i took the pic of her she said to me as i walked out of the room, "I smiled. Should I have smiled?" it wasn't until later that i asked her how it got that way, so she wasn't sure if she was in trouble or not. This is not because she gets in trouble often, its more that she doesn't make messes like these and she knew it was a BIG mess. I think that she was sorry; not thinking about picking them up as she tossed them in the air...i just wish i could have seen her do it.
it was probably 'pretty'.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My side hurts!!! Make it stop!!! Funny stuff. I love my girl.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

OH and look at her sweet little smile! SHe's beautiful.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet it wasen't as much fun picking them up at home. Love you girls.
M

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home