Monday, March 20, 2006

My first time...

Today was my first time ever to make FRIED CHICKEN!! Now, I've made the prebreaded stuff, and even similarly breaded and cooked chicken breasts. BUT! tonight I breaded and fried bone-in chicken parts. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, to me it is. My mom rarely made fried chicken...the mess, the wondering if its done, it always seemed like such a big hassle. So, i decided i would attempt to live through it all for the first time, and got on the phone to my Granny. Who better to call, right? She tells me that she doesn't put anything but flour on her bird, then fries it for an hour...that's right, an hour. So, I did. 30 minutes on each side, low heat, covered. It was perfectly browned and fabulous! Thanks Granny!
Frying Chicken is no longer on my list of things to do before I die...its been moved to the 'been there/done that".

On a different note - I started packing my house today. I figure I'll have it almost completely packed a month from now when we actually move!
And I think we've found a sofa...what d'ya think of this one?



Well, its time to put the girl down for the night...
-later

2 Comments:

Blogger Kellyology said...

Is this color a light green or a light yellow? I can't tell... Where did you find it?

10:04 PM  
Blogger LiveLee said...

Its a light green...not sure i don't just want something even more neutral. its a Mathis bros.
not in love with it.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home