Friday, August 18, 2006

Off to school...

Yesterday was 'back-to-school' day. The girl started pre-K. I think she's going to enjoy it, but she told me she didn't want to go every day. I told her she could take the weekends off; that sounded reasonable to her.
the line to pick up the kiddos is forever long. i was there on the first day at 3:08, school is out at 3:30. i finally left the parking lot at 3:48. two lanes of parents waiting...all cars running, the temperature on my car read 132 degrees...and climbed to a steamy 140 while i waited in the sea of SUVs and their big hot engines.
so today i arrived at the school at 2:45. and left at 3:35. at one point my car was off and my window down, the heat was only registering 113...not too bad! so now, after only 2 days, there will be a new 'divided' pickup plan...anything will be an improvement.

See more pics from her first day of school...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics. A.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Kellyology said...

lol about the weekends off...

Cute pics, gotta love film loop. I have one of the same one's of C in front of the school.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home