Friday, December 29, 2006

what i said before...

just wanted to clarify, i'm not down about it or anything...just commenting on how much we let go of ourselves to be mothers. my mother was talking before the holidays about a conversation she had with her mother years ago, after her children were grown and it was time to decide what to make of the rest of her life, without getting into the entire bit, her comment was "Its my turn." and i know that tons of women put off being anything but what others expect of them...i just don't want that to be me. i want to live a full life of things I am about too. there are ways i want to improve myself. and my self. apart from just what others see.
don't get me wrong, i do 'interesting' things...i have my art, my scrapbooking and photography, i can knit and sew(not that i do), i'm part of a book club , dinner club, and a 'play' group where i spend time with some really great ladies...those are all things that i consider interesting. and i know that i am fortunate to have all of this in my life. and like lisa said, we do learn and grow everyday in our experiences...which brings me back to resolutions.
when i think of my resolutions, i try to make them "life-enhancing"...for lack of a better word.
resolutions should be changes and growth that make a person's life more happy, healthy and enjoyable.
so, i'm still considering my resolutions...and in the new year, i will be all the more 'interesting'!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we never get our lives back, a part of it if not all, will always belong to our children. She may have said it's my turn but I still see her taking care of her children. Oh I am sure she has done some of what she has wanted to do but she is still a mom and when one of them need her she still puts her life on hold and does all she can. I guess that is really what being a mom is all about. A mothers love really has no boundary and no matter how old your child gets they are still your child.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home