Sunday, April 08, 2007

what to do...

what would you do...?

in 2002 i had a baby girl.
i worked until i had her, actually 3 months after my maternity leave ended so did my job. i never intended to quit my job to be a SAHM, though my husband wanted me to. i had every intention of staying right where i was for a long time. but layoffs came around and i was downsized...less than five months after having the baby i wished that 'downsizing' was literal, if ya know what i mean ;) anyway, the decision to stay home seemed to be made before i even had time to realize what it meant.
the first six months were the hardest. that is one 'adjustment period' i will never forget.
now, 5 years have passed.
i've settled in.
and the older she gets the more i get to do some things that i want to do.
daytime outings with the girls, shopping, going to the gym; all while she's at pre-k.

one day last week i came in from the gym to hear my husband was just saying goodbye to someone he had been talking to on the phone. when he hung up he came down to tell me that the call had actually been for me and that i should be expecting a call back.
later that afternoon, it came. a call from the company i worked for 5 years ago, wondering if i would be interested in coming back to work.
a manager i had worked a project for remembered me and called to see if i was interested!

what would you do?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kellyology said...

ummmm...is it full time?

12:43 PM  
Blogger LiveLee said...

i'm not entirely sure. they want full-time, but may be willing to do part-time until school starts in the fall.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Kellyology said...

I say take it...then you'll know for sure, and it sounds like a good opportunity.

9:19 PM  
Blogger c-dizzle said...

you do what your heart tells you to do. you know, deep down, what is right. you have a well adjusted, perfectly balanced young daughter. if you feel it is time to go back, then go back. whatever you do, i know it will be the right thing. i have never come across a better mom in my life.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home