Thursday, August 23, 2007

the doodley-doo song...

she doesn't like the doodley-doo song.
how can she not like the doodley-doo song.
i love the doodley-doo song.

i sing it to her every morning when i wake her up for school.
i remember it from when i was a child.

J & K, sing it with me...

Good morning, good morning, good morning
its time to rise and shine.

Good morning, good morning, good morning
i hope you're feeling fine.

Good morning, get up, get outta bed.
You've got to wake up, you sleepy head.
The day is starting just for you,
and all your dreams are coming true-doodley-doo,
doodley-doo, doodley-doo!

(Repeat)

now, who wouldn't want to be greeted with such a lovely song?
every morning, woken from a deep and cozy sleep by a crazy lady, singing at the top of her lungs and occasionally dancing and clapping along to such a catchy little tune?
i don't get why she doesn't like it...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit, I don't think I know that song!!! But it's true! It's lovely and I just don't know who would not like to wake up to such cheerfulness.

I am a morning singer :) When my roommate is up at the same time as me in the morning I sing her silly little ditties too. She's not much of a morning person. I suspect she is starting to hate me!! LOL!!

Your girl will like it one day...even if it's not for 20 odd years when she's got babies and starts singing it to them ;)

8:46 AM  
Blogger LiveLee said...

that's what i'm hoping...that she will remember it someday and torture her children with it so that they can carry on the tradition. ;)

either way, i'm going to keep singing! i, too, am a morning person. i guess maybe she is more like her daddy in that sense.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I don't know if I know that song either. You know tho... She might not like it now but when she's a grown woman, she'll remember it and probably sing it to HER kids. heehee

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home