Wednesday, July 25, 2007

over 1,000,000 served...

is what i think of when i look at the miles i've logged on my Nike+ with iTunes. in case you're not familiar, and you actually care, you can read about it here. anyway, today when i finished my little walk i sync'd my nano and noticed that i've racked up over 180 miles [i know, far cry from 1,000,000] since i started using the whole system. nice.
and...that number is about to start moving drastically.
because i have "gone and done it" so to speak.
i have made the commitment to run a 1/2 Marathon!
[and right now, i'm not sure if the '!' at the end of that last sentence is excitement or insanity...]
i guess we'll see.
this is huge!
for me anyway.
the longest run i've ever participated in is a 5K.
so, you can imagine.
this is huge!

so, starting July 27th [that's just 2 days from now] i will begin a 12 week training program, at the end of which i will run 13.1 miles.
all at once. really.

really.

this is huge!
excitement, its excitement.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!! 13.1 miles! Good luck! I don't even think I could do 5. I play soccer and run around for an hour, but I think the only reason I can do that is because it's not constant :) When I hit the pavement in a moment of adrenaline, and I think I can do it...I get two blocks from my house I feel like I'm going to topple over, haha!

Good for you!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Cayman said...

Good luck! I started running again. Don't discount your 5Ks - many couch potatoes can't even do that!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home