Tuesday, August 07, 2007

out of the mouths of babes...

the other day we were driving home from the local water park when the following conversation took place...

me: 'A' i haven't enrolled you in 'Little Idols' yet. i want to wait and see how busy it gets once school starts and you'll still be in gymnastics. i'll be working full time, and nana and peepaw will be here...
her: ok. i'll be patient.
me: [a little caught off guard] ok, i just wanted to make sure that you knew. i haven't enrolled you.
her: i understand.
me: thank you baby. [and in my head i'm wondering if this is normal for a 5 year old...]

~

the other day the girl came in to tell me that we needed to get Life Alert. [you know, that necklace that they make for the elderly to wear in case they fall and can't get to the phone to call for help.]
she came to me saying..."cause if you just fall and get hurt and your house is burning down, then you just push the button and the firetrucks just come real fast and put out the fire and save your life. that's just why we need life alert."
my point - advertising works.

~

today when i got home from work i was sitting at the table making a 'To Do' list when E shows me this picture...
he said that when the girl saw it she asked, "Who is that?"
he said, "Holly."
the girl: "She's pretty."
E: "Yes."
the girl: "But not as pretty as Mommy. I love Mommy, she's pretty."

~

she was wrestling on the floor with her daddy when she started saying..."you can do it 'A', your strong and healthy. you can do it."
giving herself a little pep talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home