Friday, October 19, 2007

tgif....

funny thing happened today.

i work in IT. many of my co-workers are from foreign countries, India in particular.
so, as i passed one of my developers she sighed a heavy sigh, and in response i said to her, "tgif, huh?" and she looked at me quizzically, said, "pardon?" and it hit me...it may not be t-G-i-f for her. Maybe, she practices Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, etc. OR maybe she just didn't understand what i said, as it was in passing. and as i repeated myself to her i wasn't sure she understood or that i wouldn't offend her in explaining...either way, it struck my funny bone. and i giggled all the way back to my meeting with Sukumar and Abhijit...so you can see, that it only became funnier to me now, because i couldn't even address it with these guys without wondering would it offend them...

tgif. wherever you are. and wherever you're from.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill of All Trades said...

Does make you think. Funny.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home