Tuesday, December 11, 2007

lights out...

all over town.
80% of the city is without power.
we've been in the dark and cold for a couple of days...
every candle in the house lit
because of the ice storm
and more is said to be on its way this weekend.
as soon as the power was back on this evening i started doing everything i was unable to do this week...i ran my dishwasher, vacuumed my floors, cranked the heat and gave the girl a bath blew her hair dry and turned the electric blanket on for her to sleep cozy tonight, pulled my mail and stuff for work...even considered doing a load of laundry just to run the washer and dryer. it has been too quiet, except for in the early part of the storm with the sound of branches breaking under the weight of the ice.
it just amazes me, the amount of damage that the storm has brought.
if i get a chance to take pictures, i'll share.

right now, a cozy pre-heated bed awaits me
and my alarm is set for 6:00 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home