Wednesday, February 28, 2007

i didn't get it...

when i should have, so i didn't get it at all.
i'm talking about an Asian inspired armoire that i found at the local thrift store...
it looked a bit like this
only it was much larger and dark brown and black, with a cabinet on top and three drawers below. {and really cool legs}
it would have been great storage for all of my table linens and extra dinnerware that takes up so much space in my pantry now.
i found it last week and it was $199.00 but it was on sale 25% off, making it $150.00! what a steal!!! right!?!
so then the guy who works there says to me, "It'll be 50% off on the 28th."
so, naturally, i like $100.00 better...so i wait. and i take my hubby by to see it, make sure he likes it, he thinks its cool, but definitely wait.
and i waited.
and today, when the store opened at 10 a.m. i was there,
but it was not.
and i was really disappointed...and kicking myself for not just spending 150 bucks and getting it when i wanted it.

lesson learned.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kellyology said...

I almost called you last night when I was looking at my Pottery Barn catalog last night. But I thought no, that would be mean!

You know, I have this attitude about bargain shopping. If it's not there when I get around to buying it, then it's not meant to be. Don't worry, better items have always popped up for me when I feel like I missed out on something good. I'm sure something bigger and better will pop up for you to.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In other words, it looked like what is shown in the picture except for the size, the color, the legs, the number of drawers, and the placement of the drawers. What exactly did look similar, the hinges and knobs?!?!? ;)

BIL

10:35 AM  
Blogger LiveLee said...

kelly-
yeah, i know...and it would have been a lot of work to get it into the shape i wanted it in...

BIL-
i knew as i typed this post that this would be your response...at one point i almost said, 'so, basically, it looked nothing like this...'

12:08 PM  
Blogger not a dem anymore said...

Sorry you missed it........I saw on the news on Wed. at noon a place that sells used stuff....it was on 41st. I don't remember the addy. Check there web site channel 6. They had some good looking stuff!

2:33 PM  
Blogger sc@vp said...

:-(

darn.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home