Wednesday, March 07, 2007

still under the weather...

whatever that means.
where did that saying come from?
what if the weather was absolutely fabulous and you were just having an okay day? wouldn't you be under the weather then too?

so, in thinking about this silly phrase i found this little tidbit out in the blogosphere...

{This popular phrase for "ill" dates back to 1827. It is commonly believed that bad weather can make you sick.
I have heard that "under the weather" is an old sailor phrase. When men were sick, they would rest below deck and thus were literally "under" the weather on deck.}

so, there you have it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh wow. That's interesting...

I hear you on being sick of being sick. I lost count of how many colds I got this year... And how many my son got as well...

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home