Friday, April 27, 2007

it's been 15 years...

and i can't recall his name.

i had lunch today with a friend of mine who i hadn't seen in 5 years.
she' married now to a guy who went to school in a small town west of where we live now. and when she told me where he was from my mind went immediately to date i had 15 years ago (1992), because he too attended HS in this small town.
it was the date from hell, really.
the absolute worst date of my entire dating career...it was just the beginning, actually.

he picked me up to take me out and we hadn't really made plans as to what 'out' meant.
so, we decided to go see a movie, he chose "Mo Money". (i said repeatedly that i had no interest in seeing it...i guess he didn't hear me?)
we got to the theater, early. so, to kill 45 minutes! rather than get something to eat (i hadn't eaten) he decided we need to just hang out there at the theater...in the arcade! 45 minutes of me standing waiting while he plays air hockey with some creepy little guys neither of us knew (i didn't care to know). when the show started, he refused to buy concessions...i still hadn't eaten and didn't bring any money with me (lesson learned). i was so not into the film that i fell asleep, right there in my seat. He woke me up when the show was over, and i asked him to take me home. he agreed, reluctantly, and as he drove me home in his old beat up Cutlass, seat almost completely reclined, wrist resting on top of the wheel, 'cause he was cool like that, we almost had a wreck with a car next to us when he just had to express his awesome macho-ness...the guy next to us glanced over as he passed, very casual, everyone does it...well my date threw his hands out at the guy and yelled, 'you want a piece of me?' at the rolled up window!
at this point i just wanted to him to put his hands back on the wheel, and get me home, away from this freak.
i didn't call him back when he asked for a second date.
i ran into him again in 1998...he hadn't changed one bit. he was a car salesman!
(not that there's anything wrong with that, but, well...)

i wish i could remember his name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home