Monday, March 27, 2006

What a full day...

every Monday is about getting back on track after the weekend. Laundry, housework, errands, emails. Sometimes it takes all day. Today was different. The weather was fabulous, so i started the laundry, took care of the most pressing items, and then we enjoyed a yum-O picnic lunch on the patio, in the sunshine. it was nice.

After lunch we took off to do some shopping at Utica. It was the perfect weather to be out strolling from shop to shop, and I had a goal...something specific I was looking for.
I have had a picture of an 'Etagere' in my "home portfolio" for about 3 years now.
so, last week I went shopping at some local markets and found one!...it was a little different from the one I had a picture of, but I knew that the manufacturer of the one I wanted no longer made it.
so, the one I find is for sale at $142.00, yes, they were very proud of their etagere. But! now that I know they really do exist, I hit the internet - shopping. I look, and look, and look. about to give up hope, when *gasp*, what do i see?!?!? Another etagere, and almost exactly like my photo! Available at $129.00 (plus shipping of $21.00), making it even more expensive. :(
so, now feeling like its never gonna happen, my hubby suggests I take a drive across town to check out what they might have at 'Pier 1'. And I did, and I found it! for the everyday low price of $60.00! But wait, it gets better! It's ON SALE! $39.00 + tax.
so, I didn't waist a second...and even though we'll be moving in a couple of weeks, I took it home, set it up in my breakfast nook, and filled it with my produce. another thing to move...but it was on sale! besides, i can't wait to see what it will look like in the new house. I plan to put it in the same place, in the nook.

the rest of the day went pretty quickly...
see ya tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger lildisnie said...

hey you have a cool blog ... just wanted to drop by and say hi !
i really liked the picture! did u take em ??? well i kinda have a taste in photography too so just asked! n e ways! have a good day ! byeee!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home