Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The {21} Challenge

I decided to get in on the {21} challenge...more about that after a bit of explanation.

[It's a challenge that is based on 2 ideas. First, the idea of creating/breaking a habit in 21 days, because studies have shown that it takes this long...
Second, the idea that art is therapy...enter 'art jounal' as said art. The plan is to 'create' for 21 days and "journal our feelings, triumphs, failures, etc."]

I like the idea, and although I discovered the series in time to start with this iteration, I have decided to go back and use the 'quotes' that were provided by Rhonna (the mastermind behind it all) for the first challenge. Once I've finished with the first, I'll begin the second...make sense?

For my personal challenge I have decided to try to add a new habit, a good one. I will try to become a more active person, physically. I always have been pretty active, I enjoy walking and running, both indoors and out. But for some reason, toward the end of last year I stopped. I just didn't do any of it anymore. I'm aware of all the factors that have made this a reality...I won't get into any of that now. I will only try, through the {21} challenge, to change that reality back to what it once was.
I'm not sure how much of my 'art journal' I will share here. It will be my first, and I'm not sure yet what it will be.




This is the
quote to
kick it all
off...I'm
certainly
looking
forward
to it!







This image was created by Rhonna Farrer. All ideas associated with the {21} challenge are credited to Rhonna. Information contained in the above [] is paraphrased from the 'dreamy' blog, aside from those in " ", which are direct quotes from the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home